As a charity, Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston – outside of providing contractual respite services to the borough – is entirely dependent upon all our supporters, funders and volunteers.
Without your continued support, we would not be able to continue in our mission to provide vital services to those often hard-to-reach families and carers, many of whom sit outside the statutory framework.
If you are interested in volunteering with our organisation, please contact us.
Why not offer your time or expertise to Crossroads Care by:
- Volunteering at one of our community respite projects
- Playing a musical instrument at our Caring Café if you’re a professional musician
- Becoming a trustee
During Volunteers Week, human resources expert Jane Vines and Geoff Lane, a former partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), talk about just what it takes to be a trustee for Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston upon Thames What motivated you to become a trustee?...
‘There’s this saying that when you volunteer here you become part of the Crossroads family, and I believe that’s true.’ Volunteer, Heather Mathew, talks about why volunteering for Crossroads Care is so rewarding... ‘When both my parents, who lived in Norfolk, became...
Every donation, large or small, helps Crossroads Care to improve the lives of carers and the people they care for of all ages and disabilities. Funds help us to reduce our long waiting list to support carers and their families both emotionally and practically through their caring experience.
£26 will buy 1 hour of high-quality emergency respite support
£10 will enable a carer and their loved-one to attend one of our community-based projects.
You can make a regular or one-off donation to Crossroads Care using this link.
Fill out our Friends of Crossroads leaflet using this link to enable us to invite you to events and send you our Friends of Crossroads newsletter.
Whether you want to pull on your trainers to tackle a half-marathon or get sponsored to do something unusual, there are lots of ways to help us raise money for much-needed respite for carers, from digital detoxes to bake sales. You can do this independently or as part of an organised event.
Here are some ideas to inspire you:
‘Volunteering? I’d much rather be doing this than going on cruises!’ says Crossroads Care Trustee Margaret Dangoor who has dedicated her life to the needs of carers. Fiona Mitchell spoke to her to mark the Big Help Out – a community volunteering initiative being held...
Our Tough Mudder Team have hit their target — and more! — raising money for Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston upon Thames! Thank you for your most generous donations which have boosted our terrific trio — Care Manager Nicola and her friends Sally and Laetitia who...
Change your Hairdo!
Why not take on a hair-inspired challenge? Harrison Gurney let his wife, Stevie-Leigh, shave off all his hair on his birthday and asked his friends to donate to us. Harrison raised an incredible £1,180 pounds for us.
Stage a Get-Together with a Difference
- Hold a cupcake morning.
- Hold a clothes swap afternoon.
- Put on a games night featuring games like Jenga, or go digital with a Wii.
- How about having a pamper party?
Sell off your unwanted items on eBay and donate the profits to us.
Give Something Up
- Do a digital detox.
- Stop talking and get people to sponsor your silence.
Two of our team ran the London Landmarks Half Marathon. They raised an amazing £2,361 for us and one of our key funders The Victoria Foundation. And our Care Manager Nicola Wilson tackled with the gruelling 10K Tough Mudder with her friends Sally and Laetitia raising more than £3,000 for Crossroads Care.
- If running or tackling mud-spattered obstacle courses are not your thing, why not pull on some comfy shoes and challenge yourself to walking further than you would normally?
- Or run an exercise class at home for your friends.
Become a Local Partner
We are so grateful to local businesses, community groups and schools that come to our aid. Find out here how your company, community group or school can support us.
Corporate and Community Group Giving
Organise events like pub quizzes or karaoke nights, all while raising money or make us your charity of the year!
- Hold a themed fancy dress day at work.
- Organise a raffle and sell tickets to your workmates.
- Afternoon cakes at the office always go down a treat, so why not hold a cake bake sale?
- Attend an event organised by one of our key funders like The Victoria Foundation Winter Ball!
- Promote kindness in-line with the ethos and culture of your school.
- Contribute your Mufti Day donations.
- Donate a small percentage of proceeds from your school fair.
- Organise a special event like a poetry competition.
Children at St Mary’s and St Peter’s School, Teddington, designed some fantastic Christmas cards to go inside more than 50 hampers which were delivered to our older carers.
To become a Friend of Crossroads and help us improve the lives of carers and the people they care for, please contact us or click the leaflets below.