A network partner of Carers Trust, Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston works to improve support services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
With locally based network partners, we are able to support carers in their homes through the provision of replacement care, and in the community with information, advice, emotional support, hands-on practical help and access to much-needed breaks.
Friends of Crossroads
To become a Friend of Crossroads and help us improve the lives of carers and the people they care for please contact us or click the leaflets below.
As a registered charity, Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston upon Thames welcomes all forms of donations, no matter how big or small. You can choose to make a one-off donation or donate on a monthly basis.
Each and every individual donation will help us improve the lives of carers and the people they care for.
Fundraise for us
Local fundraising and community support is an excellent way of giving back and investing in your local community; whether as an individual or collectively as a team or an organisation.
Our most recent fundraisers include:
- Milan’s Press-up Appeal: 17-year-old Milan, who attends our Saturday Club for children and young people with special educational needs and disability, is doing 100 press-ups in a row to raise money for the club that has been supporting him for ten years.
- Show an Act of Kindness at Christmas Appeal: in December 2021 and December 2022, thanks to the kindness of everyone who donated to these appeals, we managed to raise thousands of pounds to deliver hampers, filled with festive goodies, to isolated and vulnerable older carers throughout Richmond and Kingston.
- Rockin’ the Lockin: on 25 April 2020, 16 local musicians joined forces to put on a live Facebook show from their homes. Organised by Teddington Together, this event raised £1858 which was then match-funded by Barclays for a grand total of £3716
- Kids in Lockdown 2.6 Challenge: on 26 April 2020, local school student, Livia Talbot-Smith and 19 friends each ran 1.3 miles in a 26.2 mile marathon around Teddington. Their target was £520 and together they raised £2405!
- Harrison’s Head Shaving Extravaganza: on 17 May 2020, as a birthday surprise, Harrison Gurney asked friends, family and Crossroads Care supporters to donate money to our charity. At 2pm, he live-streamed his hair being cut and shaved by his wife, Stevie-Leigh (a Crossroads Care regulated key volunteer) on Facebook. Their target was £500 and together they raised £1,130!
Would you like to fundraise for us? We would be more than happy to assist in promoting your event on social media. To find out more please contact us.
A big thank you to all our fundraisers, donors and supporters. Every penny makes a difference and directly affects the lives of carers and the people they care for.
Make us Charity of the Year
If you make us your Charity of the Year, we will:
- Place your logo on and acknowledge you in our Annual Review, website and on social media
- Send you regular reviews on how your sponsorship money is being spent
- Invite you to our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Highlight your involvement wherever possible – showing your organisation in a positive manner
- Promote your services to our clients and Care Support Workers.
Leave a Legacy
As a registered charity, Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston upon Thames – outside of providing contractual respite services to the borough – is entirely dependent upon on all our supporters, funders and volunteers.
The generous support of organisations and individuals makes it possible for our organisation to continue providing high quality services to carers.
Leaving a legacy is another way in which individuals can help support us in our mission to provide vital services to those often hard-to-reach families and carers; many who sit outside the statutory framework. It is also a lovely way to keep a loved one’s memory alive.
If you would like to leave a legacy, please note that our details are Crossroads Care Richmond and Kingston upon Thames and quote our Registered Charity Number: 1052334.
We are deeply touched and so very grateful to one of our late clients who recently left us a generous legacy in her will. A family member said: “The legacy feels like a drop in the ocean compared to what Crossroads Care did for us, but at least it’s something…. Crossroads made a huge difference.”